A little bit goes a long way
“The light of a single star tinges the mountains of many regions.”-Chinese Maxim
Sorry about being late on this week’s quote, but it’s just been quite an eventful, busy day for me. In any case, this week’s quote is a little bit different from the rest of them, but nevertheless I think a fitting one.
I think at one point we’ve all been in that place where everything seems to be falling apart all at the same time when you can’t catch a single break. It feels like things keep perpetually spinning out of control with no hope of slowing down. You feel helpless and trapped without a way out. When everything around you seems to be going wrong it’s extremely easy to go with the flow and view things negatively yourself. Sadly that negativity does little to remedy the situation and only aids you in digging yourself a bigger hole.
In that moment at that instance, is it easy to see anything but negativity all around? Absolutely not. However, being able to find a little bit of positivity even when you doubt it’s existence has its benefits. The light from one single star might be enough to illuminate a path for you and help you stay the course until the tide turns for the better. Even if it in the smallest of ways, finding a tiny ounce of positivity can help fight the negative. It isn’t easy, but things have a funny way of working themselves out and your luck will change.
Finding positivity ourselves is often easier said then done. Most times another set of eyes can see the positive and the good that we can’t. Take the time to take a deep breath and focus on dealing with things one at a time. You are capable of dealing with whatever life throws at you.
Sticking with the theme of this quote, here’s my help to find your positivity despite how things might be going for you. Borrowed from one of the books I am reading Words That Shine Like Stars edited by Douglas Pagels.
24 Things to Always Remember…and One Thing to Never Forget
- Your presence is a present to the world
- You’re unique and one of kind
- Your life can be what you want it to be
- Take the days just one at a time
- Count your blessings, not your troubles
- You’ll make it through whatever comes along
- Within you are so many answers
- Understand, have courage, be strong.
- Don’t put limits on yourself
- So many dreams are waiting to be realized
- Decisions are too important to leave to chance
- Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize
- Nothing wastes more energy than worrying
- The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets
- Don’t take things too seriously
- Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets
- Remember that a little love goes a long way
- Remember that a lot goes forever
- Remember that friendship is a wise investment
- Life’s treasures are people..together
- Realize that it’s never too late
- Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way
- Have health, hope and happiness
- Take the time to wish upon a star
And don’t ever forget…for even a day..how very special you are
Have a great week and be + !